Favourite Five - Songs #2


 

One thing that really puts and smile on my face and can genuinely make my day is being recommended or finding a song that I then fall in love with. I thought I'd try and do the same for you by sharing some songs that you may not have heard of that I personally enjoy, in hope to also broaden your music taste and help you discover new artists and songs.
 
Personally, I feel as though I have quite a distinct music taste - I like upbeat and happy songs and the only way I could describe them is alternative/indie. While I do enjoy a range of music, I think this genre is what I would define as my favourite. This genre will primarily make up these lists of songs but even if you're not particularly interested in that type of music, I would still recommend giving them a listen because you may surprise yourself and I may suggest something a bit different from my usual music taste.

 
This time I would like to recommend to you:
  1. Colton Avery - Weatherman
  2. Bad Veins - Don't Run
  3. Jamie T - Zombie
  4. Mike Dignam - Great Escape
  5. The Blue Van - Silly Boy

I actually found out about Colton Avery when I went to one of The Script's concerts and I fell in love with him and his music since then - he is so underrated and I would really recommend his music! I also found out about Mike Dignam at a concert called 'The Big Gig' (a concert for those in the Girl Guiding community) and he sang this particular song which really spoke to me. He is singing about how he wants to travel the world and I don't think I have ever related so much to a song before. Also, I found out about The Blue Van by watching the film, 'The First Time', (I highly recommend, it stars Dylan O Brian) and I loved the sound of it so I spent ages trying to find out what it was called. I find myself doing that quite frequently because films are such a great way of discovering new music.
 
I actually intend to make this a series of mine so stay tuned if you would like to discover some alternative artists to those in the charts, or just some individual songs to listen to. I would love it if you could comment some of your song recommendations - I'm open to anything!
 
I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment