My AS Level Results

 
 
Today has been one of the most dreaded and anticipated days of the school calendar, for both me and many other sixth form students: Results Day. That dreaded time of the year where we get to find out how did in our A-Level exams, and for many, if they got into their chosen universities.
 
I have only just finished year 12 so I am fortunate enough to only be picking up my AS-level results from the exams I took in June. I took 5 exams in 2 different subjects: Geography and Maths. Two of which were in geography and the other three were in maths.
 
I am currently on holiday in Florida at the moment so I wasn't able to go and pick up my results myself. Instead, my dad went to my school to pick them up for me. As it was someone else picking up my results, I had to wait slightly longer than most people before I got my results. Because of the 5 hour time difference, when I woke up this morning, most people back in England had already got their results so I was really scared yet excited to see how mine compared.
 
It was about 1 hour after I woke up, having already asked all my friends how they did, when I finally got a phone call from my dad telling me my results. I was over the moon! In my AS Levels I got:
 
Geography - A
Maths - B
 
The break down of my grades are:
 
Maths C1 - b
Maths C2 - c
Stats S1 - a
 
Geog 1 - a
Geog 2 - a
 
 
I worked really, (and I mean really!) hard for those exams and I am really happy that the hard work paid off. I put hours and hours of revision into these subjects and I also worked hard throughout the year so I'm extremely pleased with my results. For my maths revision, I did about 40 past papers and for my geography revision I made really extensive notes, completed many past paper questions, and made a 40 page, double-sided, handwritten booklet. Sad I know. But I can definitely say that it was worth it in the end.
 
I wasn't confident at all when I sat the exams, but I knew that I had worked as hard as I could so I accepted what I had achieved, rather than worrying about results day. But as I've just said, the hard work really paid off and I did get out as much as I put in. I'm very pleased that I now have a strong foundation for next year and hopefully the grades I got will help boost up my overall grade next year.
 
I can also pray that I am equally, if not more so, as motivated as I was this year, in year 13 and get results that I am just as pleased with. I'm thinking of starting a study series here on my blog to track my progress throughout the year and hopefully give you all some study tips and advice that you might find useful.
 
I hope that everyone else who got their AS or A-Level results today were just as pleased with their results and that everyone who was applying, got into their chosen university. I'd also like to wish everyone going into either year 12 or year 13 a successful year, and the best of luck for the year ahead!
 
I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats with your results, they're amazing! I'm about to start my gcse's this year so I hope I get results like yours x
    - Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish you the best of luck with your GCSE's! I'm sure you'll smash them! x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete