What's In My Bag? Hand Luggage Edition

 
It seems like ages ago that my family and I were booking our holiday to Florida and now it's finally here! I am beyond the point of excited now - I'm practically bouncing off the walls! My family and I have only just finished packing and we are staying in a hotel tonight near the airport. RIP sleep.
 
One thing that I did struggle with was deciding what to take in my hand luggage and what to take in my suitcase; I would keep everything with me on the plane if I could! However, I did actually manage to decide what was important and what wasn't needed to be in my hand luggage. I'm actually fairly impressed with my prioritization skills.
 
Having managed to whittle my luggage down to the most important items to take onto the plane, I decided it would be fun to share with you all what's in my bag. The bag itself is a Vans rucksack which I thought would be much easier to carry around than a handbag and would give me a lot more room too!




1. A Selfie Stick: I was bought this for my birthday and now its a holiday essential, everyone needs to take a million and one selfies while they're on holiday and you can't ever resist a cheeky plane selfie.
 
2. Playing Cards: I know this isn't an essential but being a family of 4, its quite a good idea to bring with you something to do as a family because you never know if your flight is going to be delayed or if you are going to need a way to pass time.
 
3. Hair Bands and Grips: If you decide to wear your hair down to the airport I would definitely recommend taking some of these just in case, a messy bun is a great airplane hair-do when you decide your hair being down is too annoying to cope with.
 
4. Passport: You won't even make it onto the plane without one of these so its a good idea to put it somewhere safe and triple-check you have it before you leave the house.
 
5. Camera: A camera is a staple item when packing your bag, especially if you're like me and want to capture every single holiday moment in a picture.
 
6. Harry Potter and The Cursed Child: A good book is all a girl needs to be entertained for hours and this is definitely going to be a great book. (I am super excited to read this, I've been waiting for months!)
 
7. Face Wipes/Hand Wipes: This one isn't vital but they're great for freshening up if your going on a long haul flight like me.
 
8. Sunglasses: These may not be essential depending on the time of day you arrive but I know my flight will be landing early afternoon and it will be super sunny so I thought they'd be a good item to pack!
 
9. Notebook: I'm taking two notebooks with me, my blogging notebook in case I get some blogging inspiration while away, and a normal notebook to play games in or write anything else down that I think of.
 
10. Pens/Pencils: These are obviously an essential when you're packing a notebook like me, beause what's a notebook with nothing to note with.
 
11. Purse: I would reccomend bringing both British money and the currency of the country you're visiting, you don't want to be stuck hungry or in need of something without a way to buy it. 
 
12. Keys: these could include the keys to your suitcase, your house, or the room you're staying in while you're away!
 
13. Portable Charger: if you're going on a long flight, or if you're getting to the airport early, then a portable charger would be a great idea to make sure your phone or tablet battery lasts as long as you need it to!
 
14. Umbrella: having an umbrella in your bag is practically a British tradition, the weather is very temperamental here so it's a staple item really.
 
15. Phone Charger: I never really go anywhere without my phone charger and its an essential at the airport because having your phone die on you could cause issues.
 
16. Tissues: Lets be considerate of other people, no one wants you sneezing on their backs in such a confined space. No thank you.
 
17. Chewing Gum: This is one item I'm not one hundred percent sure can be taken into another country but they're super handy in case you eat something before boarding. (p.s. I just researched this and chewing gum is permitted! Yay!)
 
18. Lip Balm: You'll have to put this in a clear bag when you're getting it checked but its a great item to take with you in case of a dry lip emergency.
 
19. Headphones: I also take these with me everywhere I go because listening to music is a great way to pass time!
 
20. Earplugs: Airplanes can be quite a noisy environment, from announcements to restless children so if you're taking a late night or long flight where you intend to get some rest, they're a great item to throw in your bag.
 
21. Phone: Essential. Enough said.
 
22. Ipod: I use my ipod touch for music and games so its a great device for helping to pass the time away.

So now you know all of the items I'll be taking in my hand luggage when I fly off on holiday. With all items, I recommend you check they are allowed in your hand luggage if you are unsure. The liquid limit is usually 100ml so you should keep that in mind and you should also make sure your bag is within the specified size limit.

I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful if you're off on holiday! I could probably cut this list down but I like to be prepared! I'd also like to apologize for the delayed posting of this because going on holiday has thrown me off of my usual schedule. My posting will be back on track soon.

I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment