Birthday Clothing Haul



Woohoo! I have finally turned 17! Well... a couple of weeks ago now, but still! I had such an amazing birthday, (thank you for asking) and I am so grateful for all of the people who helped make it memorable. I had so many cards, presents and birthday wishes that it is too many to count but it was the people I spent it with that made it truly special. I was lucky enough to have a small BBQ at my house with a few friends and the weather was lovely for it, even though it was forecasted to rain. I was also surprised with another gathering with even more people that my boyfriend managed to organise behind my back, where we went out for a meal and bowling straight after. It was a truly amazing birthday and I am so appreciative of all the effort that everyone went to for me.
 
Since becoming older, as predicted, I've become increasingly harder to buy for and so I was also given a lot of birthday money to spend too. Of course, I have put it to good use and have recently been shopping for some new clothes! Now I am absolutely no fashion expert, but I also tend not to be into the latest trends either so shopping can be quite a chore, especially when I feel like nothing suits me. But I did actually manage to find quite a few bits which I love and I am so excited to wear. I won't lie to you, some things I did buy before my birthday with my mum which she just gave me as presents, but that's besides the point. So I thought I would share with you some of my recent buys in hope you might see something that catches your eye.
 
 
The first thing that I bought was this Harry Potter pyjama set from Primark. Yes I'm one of 'those people' obsessed with Harry Potter and I'm proud. But apart from the awesome design, they also happen to be amazingly soft and super comfy which I love. The top only cost £6 and the shorts only £5 which makes the set even more marvellous.
 

 
The next item I bought was this pair of navy, panelled trousers which I thought would be perfect for sixth form. They are fairly tight fitting but still look smart which I love and I also really like the pattern which you can see up close in the picture above. I also bought these from Primark, (can you see a trend forming here?) and they only cost £13!
 

 
This is a dress I bought from H&M and when I saw it I fell in literal love. The pattern, the shape, the material, everything. Best of all, the price: it only cost £7.99! And it wasn't even on sale! It's a skater dress and its really lightweight but it has a nice fitting top half and a flowing bottom half. I'm really not a dress person, (I only own one other dress,) and for me to say I willingly bought one is quite something!
 


 
This is probably one of my favourite purchases with my birthday money: a floral, blue bikini from Boux Avenue. I have genuinely spent ridiculous amounts of time trying to find a bikini that will fit me but apparently normal shops don't stock my size... It wasn't until I found out about Boux Avenue and I was completely spoilt for choice. It is quite expensive there but it is perfect for girls with a bigger bust. The bikini top cost me £28 and the bottoms cost £15 but they were worth it for the perfect fit and beautiful design.


This pair of shorts I also bought from Primark but I really liked them because I thought they would be great for my holiday this year! They're not too short either which is great if you don't like wearing shorts that are too revealing. While I'm not quite sure what top I'll wear them with, I still really like them and they only cost £5.


These floral trousers were also from primark, (you probably could have guessed that by now) and they only cost £11! These are really out of my comfort zone but when I put them on I thought they looked really nice on so I thought I wold take the risk! They're really comfy though and are perfect for sixth form if you have to wear smart clothes like me.
 
 
I actually wear the trousers above with this black blouse I bought from New Look. They make a great pair! This top is really comfy and flowy which I like and it cost me £13 which isn't too shabby. The front of the top is made from a different material to the back which I thought was quite interesting and it has a gold zip at the back too.
 
 
 
This red pattern shirt on the other hand was right up my street! Everything about it is so me - the colour, the pattern and the rolled sleeves. This was from primark and I'm pretty sure it cost £6 but I'm not one hundred percent on that. Either way, I really love it and wear it all the time for school.

 
 
Okay so now it's time for my absolute favourite purchase. These white short dungarees from H&M are to die for. I am absolutely in love. My mum actually picked them out for me and when I put them on I couldn't stop dancing - I loved them that much! They cost £30 which is quite expensive but they are so worth it, its unreal. I wear them as often as I can and fortunately, they're really comfy, (aka, they don't give you a wedgie like some dungarees do!)
 
 
 
The last item of clothing I bought was this stripy top, for £10 from primark. Its really loose and flowy which I love and I love the rolled up sleeves which you can also wear rolled down. The only thing I can say about it is that I've had a couple of comments from friends saying the pattern hurts their eyes when they look at it. Oops.
 
 
This post is really different from my usual type of thing but I thought I'd share with you all what I bought for my birthday, (even though it was nearly a month ago now!) I'd also like to formally apologize for my lack of ironing, it wasn't until I started writing this post that I realised how crinkled they all were, but I'm sure you can all forgive me for that!
 
Let me know what your favourite item of this haul was in the comments down below!
 
I hope you've had a great day, and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!








1 comment:

  1. Everything you got looks so lovely, hope you had a good birthday xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete