An Overdue Explanation

An Overdue Explanation

I think I owe you all an explanation...
 
You may or may not have noticed that I haven't been posting in quite some time so I figured it was about time I did some explaining.
 
During my latest project Blogmas, I was happy with where my blog was headed but since December has passed, I have really lacked in inspiration. I had a few posts planned for January but just felt like they weren't worth writing, yet alone reading. I'm not sure if it's because I was blogged out from December, but I just haven't happy with the posts I created for you guys!
 
However, it's now half way through February and I'm still just not feeling it and this, I put down to lack of direction. I am unsure where my blog is headed and I feel like it isn't going anywhere - like it is stationary. It remains at a point where my content is at the same level of quality, impact, views and flair.
 
I have a rule that if it isn't something I'd want to read, I wouldn't post it. Right now, I wouldn't want to read anything miss perceived posts. But seeing as there aren't many of you reading, I figured no one would realise I was gone and no one would miss me.
 
So here is my proposal. I am going to start over - new year, new look, new blog. I know I should have faith in myself but I think what I really want is a new brand. My blog will remain miss perceived course, but it is going to have a makeover. A rebrand.
 
What I am going to do is to take the time to redesign and rethink miss perceived. I will first be focusing on design and then when I am happy with my new look, I'll refocus on my content and my presence in the blogging community. I may upcycle some of the posts I had planned for you guys and I will definitely come back with some fresh ideas. This way, I am hoping I'll rediscover my passion for blogging and hopefully really give Miss Perceived the boost it needs.
 
Until then, I am going to carry on this break. Let's think of it as under maintenance.
 
In the meantime, I hope you all have had a lovely 2017 and I hope February goes well for you all!
 
Goodbye for now my lovelies!

1 comment:

  1. I felt like this last year and I went through the same thing. I also gave my blog a new design and it made me so motivated to write posts xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete