A Little Something You Did Not Know

 
One thing I love about finding new blogs is discovering a blog's personality and finding out all of their little quirks, like posts hidden at the back of the archives, the writer's writing style, finding out how the blog began. It's actually really interesting to me. Every writer and blog has an individual style that is unique to them which is what makes reading them fun. It probably sounds weird, but being a new blogger means I pick up on these things quite easily. As I seek inspiration and guidance from other blogs, I spend hours reading through lots of them and there are some that just really stand out, and usually, these are the ones with a unique style and little quirks that make their blog different.
 
I am still developing my own personal style which means that I often change things around on my blog, try out different post ideas, write things and then change my mind later on. It's part of this blog's development. While doing this, I've read up on hundreds, (no, I'm not kidding,) of different ways to make my blog unique, ways to grow my blog and my audience, and while its still a working progress, it's actually really fun. No, I don't have hundreds of followers or reads, and no, I'm not even close to being a professional but it's a hobby and it's something I enjoy. And this enjoyment is what I think will help me to grow.
 
One thing that I recently came across, and is the thing I wanted to share with you today, is an app icon which I wasn't even aware of until now. On your phone you can easily save a blog or post onto your home screen which makes it much more accessible than having to type in a URL. Why was I never aware of this? It's available on both Apple and Android and it means that with one tap, I can be on my favourite blogs in seconds! I even made my own icon too so now you can save my blog onto your home screen and it will direct you to my blog straight away - genius.
 
 
This is an example of how to do it on android. First, go onto Google Chrome and open up the blog. Then, click the three dots in the top right corner and click "Add to Home Screen". That's it! You're done! Depending if the blog has an icon set or not, you should get either the blog's icon or the first letter of the blog. 
 
It's just as easy for apple too - simply open up the blog in Safari, click the share more button, and then select 'Add to Home Screen' and boom, you're done. This time, if the blog hasn't set up an icon, it will instead have a little picture of their blog which is quite sweet. (But of course, every blog should have a cute icon like mine!)
 
If you were wondering how to set up your own app icon, the tutorial I used was extremely easy to follow and is also written by an amazing blogger that I take a lot of inspiration from. Does your blog have an app icon, and what do you think of mine? Let me know in the comments down below.
 
I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Aw this is a really nice blogger touch, thanks for sharing! Your icon is so cute, my blog doesn't have one, i'll have to start designing haha☺ Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to save your blog onto my home screen Leonie! Thank you for reading, hope it helped x

      Delete
  2. This was so helpful, going to start designing mine now xx
    http://www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I helped! Thank you for reading x

      Delete