Goals For Year 13

 
So year 13 has officially begun for me and boy am I scared! I have university to plan for, A-levels to take, course work to do. It's all starting for me. But hey, its not all doom and gloom, I'm feeling motivated and determined to succeed so hopefully all will go well.
 
With a new school year comes new goals and ambitions (and new stationary!) and I thought I'd share with you all what my goals are for year 13. I know they may be a seem a bit ambitious but they are my genuine goals and what I'd ideally like to achieve in my last year in school.
 
 

1.  Never Be Late For Class

Due to the options I take, one of my subjects is taught at a different school and I have to travel between both schools during the day to get to my lessons but unfortunately last year that meant that I often ended up arriving just after the lesson began. This definitely wasn't ideal but it was also not always under my control as I had to take a mini-bus to and from my lessons to the other side of my town. This year however, I am determined to no longer be late for my lessons and I will do everything in my power to make sure I get to them all on time.
 

2. Finish My BTEC ICT Course Early

I actually take 3 A-levels and a BTEC course which is completely comprised of coursework and no exams. This means that it is possible for me to finish my work before Easter and not have to turn up to my lessons after that. This would leave me with three more study periods to focus on my A-level exams which would be perfect for extra revision time. Therefore, I am determined to have my coursework completely finished, to an excellent standard by Easter, if not earlier so I can utilise as much time as possible for my work.

3. Be More Proactive With My Learning

Quite honestly, I am a nerdy student. I have always worked hard at school and have always been determined to succeed but this year I want to push myself even further. I want to be more proactive in my learning in that I am going to spend more time outside of lessons doing school work, practicing extra questions, keeping on top of my homework and handing it in early. This way, I feel as though I will be more likely to succeed as I will be putting in lots of effort throughout the year, rather than only around exam time.
 

4. Revise Throughout The Year

When doing my AS-exams I found myself doing a lot of rushed revision at the end of the year. A lot of what I was doing I could have done throughout the year which would have allowed me time to really focus on topics I struggle with and to do more efficient revision. For example in geography, I basically created my own revision guide using my school notes and textbooks. However, I could have easily done this throughout the year as we learnt each topic. That way, I could have spent my revision time doing more effective revision such as flash cards or mind maps which I didn't have enough time to do. That's why I think it would be useful for me to revise throughout the year rather than just at the end so that my final revision is more efficient and focused.
 

5. Get Into My First Choice University

This is the year that I shall be choosing and applying to universities and my goodness is it terrifying. I've currently only looked around one university but I have booked another 5 more to see and I am really excited for that. After having seen all of my chosen universities, I will be in a much better position to choose which one is my favourite and I will have had to have chosen which I want to apply for by Christmas. It's a very daunting process but I cannot wait to look around different universities and find one that is my favourite. But with that also comes getting the grades and being accepted into the university of my choice. That is why it is important for me to work hard enough so that I can get into whichever university I choose.


So know you know my 5 main goals for the year, I'd love to know about yours too! What are your ambitions and goals for the new school year? Let me know in the comments down below.

I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!


2 comments:

  1. One of my goals is to complete, or at least start, all my homework the day I get it so I don't have loads to do on one night, lovely post xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great goal, hats off to you if you manage to keep it up! I always struggle with that haha! Best of luck for the year xx

      Delete